The following colleges in the United States, in order to preserve their liberty and independence, do not accept grants from the federal government or participate in any federal financial-aid or student-loan program.
- Bethlehem College & Seminary (Minnesota)
- Christendom College (Virginia)
- Grove City College (Pennsylvania)
- Gutenberg College (Oregon)
- Hillsdale College (Michigan)
- New College Franklin (Tennessee)
- New Saint Andrews College (Idaho)
- Patrick Henry College (Virginia)
- Pensacola Christian College (Florida)
- Wyoming Catholic College (Wyoming)
These schools bar their students from receiving federal student aid, because the money comes with strings the school deems unacceptable.
Most of the schools also forgo assistance from state and local governments.
To submit updates or corrections to this list, please contact us.
Updated: December 3, 2017.
Published: December 2, 2017.
Author: Dean Clancy.